What Do You Do When You Don’t Know What to Do??? President Putin’s Keeps a Level Head
– Vladimir Vladimirovich, together with Kirill, we've selected several questions that require very quick answers. Let's call it a blitz. Let's begin?
Vladimir Putin: The blitz?
– Yes. What do you do when you don't know what to do?
Vladimir Putin: You know, drivers have a rule: don't overtake if you are not sure. The price of a mistake is very high for the people who are engaged in the same kind of activity as I. Therefore, if I don't know what to do, I still try to find a solution and to come up with a firm opinion of what is really necessary and reasonable.
– Vladimir Vladimirovich, many have repeatedly noted your great sense of humor. Do you ever laugh at yourself?
Vladimir Putin: Well yes, often. I often do this.
– What is the best and funniest joke that you've heard recently?
Vladimir Putin: That's a different kind of question. I don't know, I need to think. We have already somewhat discussed various international, sensitive and, in my opinion, funny issues. But just recently, one very famous and popular German periodical wrote that President Trump pushes Europe into Putin's hands. If one combines this with an earlier joke that Russia influenced the presidential election in the USA, then together this sounds quite funny. We allegedly influenced the presidential elections in the USA and he presented us Europe in return. Sheer nonsense. That's nothing but a joke.
– Is there a question, which you definitely can't answer?
Vladimir Putin: It's your question which is difficult to answer. But I can tell you that if I don't have an answer, then I try to find one. And I try to do this with my colleagues.
– Vladimir Vladimirovich, a very personal question from one of our viewers: what piece of advice from your father you would pass on to your grandchildren?
Vladimir Putin: Don't lie.
– Can you tell us, when did you start believing in God?
Vladimir Putin: That's very intimate question. You know, it's very hard to speak about it in public. But I think that every person is born with a belief in God. In his soul. He is born with it. But different people start to understand it at different times and in different circumstances. Anyway, for example during WWII, when even the biggest and downright atheists stood up in the trenches and attacked, each of them thought about this, I'm sure. There are people who understand this without an extreme situation. But when a person finds himself in an extreme situation, almost everyone thinks about it.
– One more: Vladimir Vladimirovich, what does one need to sacrifice, in order to become president?
Vladimir Putin: Sacrifice? Well, one's personal life. It's inevitable. However, there is a very large compensation. It's all compensated by realizing that you do really important, essential, unique work, aimed at improving the welfare of millions of people and strengthening the most important thing in the life of a person: the Motherland.